Taking part in 6Music’s ‘Wear Your Old Band T-shirt to Work Day’ with my The Cure t-shirt / Celebrating getting a new job with my boyfriend this weekend
It’s been another busy week with to do lists flying all over the place, I finally feel like I am getting somewhere with them which is ace and calms down my obsessive perfectionist side a hell of a lot. It really has got super cold this week so I’ve been pulling out the jumpers and scarves which is always a favourite thing of mine to do when winter truly sets in. As much as I hate the cold, I like being snuggly so wearing as many layers as possible is great for me. After another packed, went by in a flash week, here are my 5 things that made me happy this week:
1) Listening to a random playlist on Spotify on Monday while doing some blog work and job applications and one of my all time favourite songs – Brimful of Asha by Cornershop – coming on. Needless to say a lot of work was not done in those 4 minutes.
2) Spending more and more time on the blog this week and getting things organised and ready for the next month or so. My inbox is so much tidier, posts have been written or are in the process of being written and I can see a nice amount of time off over Christmas and New Year for myself on here now which is very good.
3) Little surprises and presents from my boyfriend which this week came in the form of a bag full of fudge that he brought me back after his trip into town at the weekend. Extra points for him buying me one of my favourite sweet confectionaries.
4) Making more time for myself and the people I care about. Though I’m always busy and life is stressful in some areas at the moment I like to make time for the people I care about like going to the cinema once a week with my boyfriend and just spending some time together. And spending time to myself and for myself, whether it is working or chilling out reading a book, I like spending time on my own and I feel like it is something I don’t do enough.
5) And finally, probably the most important and happiest point of the week for me was getting a job! 3 years after leaving uni, a lot of freelance, unpaid work and some family stuff too, I now am in the position to step into the world of work and second interview in, I was offered a job for a company I respect and believe in. I’ll tell you guys more about this as and when I can but for now, I start my job tomorrow and I’m pretty damn excited about it.
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Cage The Elephant – Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked
Death From Above 1979 – Romantic Rights
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #125
What I’ve Been Reading:
– An utterly brilliant column from Lauren Laverne this week on The Pool where she praises the guys at Apple who have now made it easier for women to find music online. Thank god someone solved that problem for us all, we’ve been waiting decades for the answers to music related questions!
– Sali Hughes, writing for The Pool, on the madness of Black Friday and why it needs to stop. I wholeheartedly agree with this, Black Friday is probably my least favourite thing that we have inherited from America.