It’s been another busy week for me this week, between a lovely 4 day weekend and spending my week between blog work, organisation and spring cleaning, it’s got to the end of the week quicker than I anticipated again. I had a great Easter with some lovely days having fun, eating some lovely food, getting out and about and being productive by doing some DIY and clearing some unnecessary stuff out.
I’ve made a massive effort with the blog this week, learning some new skills which I’ve been implementing behind the scenes, coming up with some new ideas which I’m either working on now or will be starting to work on soon and just generally feeling more upbeat about writing on here. I think taking away the pressure a little and writing/publishing as and when I have time instead of sticking to a strict schedule has made me fall in love with my blog again as I was getting so down and disheartened about working on it. I’m quite excited for the future and hopefully I can bring these new ideas to you all very soon.
Spending Easter Monday checking out some of the new Twisted Burger range at The Harley / Tried the limited edition Twisted Burger Co x While She Sleeps ‘Bangers and Mosh’ Burger at The Harley, completely delicious and vegan! / Plenty of cute stationary from Paperchase helping me to get life and blog organised this week / Treat myself to this lovely Zara bag from a charity shop in Nottingham last week, a great bargain find!
5 Happy Things from This Week:
- Having a lovely Easter weekend full of fun, lovely days out, productivity, relaxation and plenty of delicious food.
- Spending some time this week getting my life in order a little bit, everything from the blog to clearing out my room of stuff I don’t need. A fresh new attitude for a new season.
- New ideas for the blog, whether it’s a new series I’m planning or a one off post, I’m excited about working on them as well as working on the posts my blog is known for. It’s given my a new and more positive outlook on my blog which is something I desperately needed.
- I’m currently taking an online course and I’m learning so much that I can build on in the future and implement into my blog in ways that should improve my site, my writing and my approach to the whole blogging world. I’m excited to not only learn new things and improve my skills but to try them out for myself, see what works, what doesn’t and how I can make improvements.
- Picking up some awesome charity shop finds over the past few days. I need to make more time for browsing in charity shops, there is so much great stuff to be found in them and all the money goes to a good cause. Guilt free shopping. 🙂
What I’ve Been Listening To:
Coasts – Modern Love
Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Necessary Evil
In case you missed it, you can check out this week’s tracks of the week #138
What I’ve Been Reading:
- 5 Reasons To Love Easter by Lauren Laverne in her column for The Pool this week, I think she makes some great points in this (especially about new starts) and it’s brought home to me my love of Easter and just how good a time it is.
- The Pool put together an article of opinions and stories from some of their writers and authors this week about what libraries mean to them and how they influenced them growing up. There is some great stories here, libraries were so important to me and many growing up and we should cherish them and preserve them for future generations.